Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Boatyard Day7


Boatyard Day 7 - 8 x 10 Oil on Panel.
Day 7 of 30 - Sir Lawrence Color Temperature Mastery.
Today was another hot one. This is a view of the Knickerbcker
Yacht Club in the background. I started with a silohette today
and that made life a little simpler. At one point the painting got
away from me and I got really frustrated so I took a step back and
asked myself, what would be the simplest thing to fix first as
Mr. Howard would say. I fixed the foreground shadows and got them
working then I went on to fix the next simplest thing and so on.
All of a sudden it was finished and I had corrected everything to the
best of my ability. It could use another round of fine tuning but I
will re-visit that on another day. I'm feeling a little better about
the color temperature but have only 23 more days to get it right!!!

No comments: