Saturday, August 11, 2012

Burn Off

Burn Off
8 x 10 Oil on Linen Panel.
I have painted hundred's of paintings and this one is the one I will always treasure most. My friend, mentor, Christian and life saver over the years to my wife and I Lynne. Bill and his Son emailed me a couple of weeks ago and wanted to know if this painting was still for sale. I sent Bill the painting with the message that no amount of money could buy the painting because of what he had done for our family through some pretty lean times and that I wanted him to have it. His Son Matthew remarked that his Father wanted it on the wall so he could see it every day. There was something really deep about the painting. I was so honored. Yesterday my wife and I attended Bill's Memorial Service and met with the Family. Bill had been battling cancer for the last 10 years and we just recently learned about this. We were shocked! My wife had just finished a project with him 2 weeks ago?
We truly Loved Bill and there will never be another one like him.
I hope all of you will say a prayer for his family tonight.
God Bless You Bill.


No comments: