Monday, September 6, 2010

Port Washington Main Street/101

SOLD
Port Washington Main Street at Route 101

Port Washington Main Street - 8 x 10 Oil on Panel. This is the beginning of Main Street in Port Washington. I painted this in front of our Post Office this morning. That's next! This is at the corner of Route 101 (Port Washington Blvd. and Main Street}. It felt good to work on Labor Day. Thanks to all of the folks that stopped by and said Hello and a few in their cars that gave me the thumbs up as they went by. A Police Officer stopped, got out of his car and said nice job. Got back in the car and drove off.

4 comments:

carol morgan carmichael said...

These paintings are SO nice. I love the story of ice cream Steve too. Fun.

Lawrence Chrapliwy (shrap-la-vee) said...

Thanks Carol,
I think everyone has a story to tell. I was in the attic looking for one of my Emile Gruppe books when i came across the pint package. Thank you for your kind words.

n. rhodes harper said...

Love the ice cream story and this wonderful Port Washington painting. You captured the personality of the town and the light is fantastic.

Lawrence Chrapliwy (shrap-la-vee) said...

Thanks Nancy!