Friday, August 7, 2009

Port Washington Lower Main St.


Port Washington Lower Main St. - 8 x 10 Oil on Panel.

Day 3 of 30 - Sir Lawrence Color Temperature Mastery.
Today I painted at Sunrise Park on lower Main Street
in Port Washington. I think I'm going to camp out here
for the next 27 days. This morning it was very bright
and sunny. A welcome relief from the hot humid weather
we've had lately. I am happy with this paintng as it captured
the light and color temperatures. I'm not so much interested
in the rendering of the scene but in finding the suttle color temperatures.
I'm painting in a different way now and find it very exciting.
Now I understand what all of the great painters have been
saying all along "paint the light". It just puts you in a whole
different mindset. Try it!!

No comments: