Friday, July 10, 2009

Venice Blues


Venice Blues 6 x 8 Oil on Panel.
This was my first plein air painting when we arrived in
Venice Italy. There it was, a beautiful blue boat just sitting
there waiting to be painted. I had to work fast as the workers
were unloading building materials right in front of me and I
had to move around a bit. When I finished the painting a few of
the worker's came over and commented on the painting in Italian.
I couldn't understand but from the expressions on their faces
they liked it, and then they all started singing and dancing
"For He's A Jolly Good Fellow" in Italian. It was really heart
warming and I knew I was going to love "Italy".

2 comments:

laojie - painter said...

WOW, that's an amazing painting!

Unknown said...

Thank you master Jie. I value your comments.